[program-l] Re: VB: Reading pdf with screenreader

  • From: Edward Przybylek <przy5100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:13:03 -0400

Hi Jamal,

When it comes to tools for accomplishing my job, comfort is probably one of the least of my concerns. As far as less than efficient tools, I'm always willing to do a little extra work at home to make up some time. I like eating, having a roof over my head and the where-with-all to keep buying all those bright and shiny gadgets with all the knobs and pretty lights.

As far as the raw print stream setting taking time to add tags, I guess I don't know. It's pretty much the only setting I use so I'm probably not the one to ask.

Take care,
Ed Przybylek

At 09:37 AM 9/21/2005, you wrote:
You seem to have had better luck than most in this regard, since even
with the latest Adobe Reader, it is common for blind users to report
difficulties accessing PDF files in a comfortable, efficient manner.

Concerning the raw printstream setting you use, does that avoid the
time-consuming process of Adobe Reader adding tags to an untagged PDF?

Jamal