[program-l] Re: VB: Laying out items

  • From: "Dave Reynolds" <dkreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:47:22 +0100

AS you correctly said, you can use the arrow keys to move the controls around the form. You'll hear numbers spoken when you do this,and its really a case of listening to them, and If you want two labels to be aligned horizontally, you need to listen for the number which determines the horizontal position of the label. Alternatively, you could do what I do which is to set the position and size of controls within the code. Each control will have a top and a left property, and these can be set, also the width and height properties can be set, so in this way, you can with a little spacial imagination, set your form up quite nicely. I expect will or David will tell you a very good reason why you shouldn't do this, but its always worked for me.
Hope this helps,
Dave.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Che" <che@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>