[program-java] Re: Oracle

  • From: Don Raikes <DON.RAIKES@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:11:51 -0700 (PDT)

Anna,

The sqlplus that ships with the database is a fairly good command-line tool. It
speaks fairly well wit hjaws, however, it has the limitations of all
command-line tools like need to use the jaws cursor to review output, and in a
listing of data no way to associate data columns with their headings.

However, soon (hopefully within the next couple of months), JDeveloper 11g
patchset 1 will be released which will have some real nice database management
tools included along with a complete java/web development environment.

I hope to be putting up some tutorials on how to use JDeveloper with JAWS soon.