[procps] Re: cgroup support for new top

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:00:06 -0500

On Apr 18, 2011, at 9:11 AM, Jan Görig wrote:
> Committed.

Jan,

Thanks for your prompt help.  I have a small additional favor to ask of you.

I had to emulate cgroups locally for testing and while my libproc 'fake2strvec'
addition was good enough to catch that top thread bug, it's still imperfect.
I'm not certain I've properly represented a real-life cgroup directory.

So I was wondering if you could send a cat of a few robust /proc/#/cgroup
directories, replacing the '\0' with something like '^'.  It would help a great
deal.

By the way, for top's CGROUP do you think a comma separator would make the
result more readable than a semicolon?

Again, thanks in advance.