Re: [PCWorks] Netbooks (and SSHD's Solid-State hard drives)

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 09:16:21 -0500

>I took it out to the parking lot to test
>the WiFi range and proceeded to
>drop it 2-3 feet to the asphalt.

ROTFLMAO.  "Proceeded"??

Nice to know they seem to be durable.  They should be more
durable than conventional HD's, and they can on average
withstand over 300 g's of NON-operating shock.  Seagate has a
new notebook HD that can withstand 1000 g's, and 350 g's
OPERATING shock.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner