[PCWorks] Thanks to list members, and KEEP the posts coming!

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:05:22 -0500

Hey guys.  I wanted to send an email to you all saying thanks
for subscribing and posting.

When I first moved the old PCworks list to our current server
at FreeLists (moved in Oct. 2007), it was listed on page 17 out
of 18 for "List Rank" under the "Support and Help" section.
That rank is determined by frequency of posts, and the
**different** number of members that post.  After several
weeks, it got to page 13, then page 9, then it was on page 6
last time I checked I guess about a couple of months ago.  Now,
it's on the bottom of page 3.  That's quite a jump guys.  Well
done.  Only two more pages to go to page 1!

We all need to post more and get it even higher.  Not that it
really matters, but it does give the list more "clout" and
visibility, which is important for attracting new and
experienced members, which is important for getting our
questions answered.

I've noticed there is unfortunately only about 10-15 regulars
that send emails to the list.  Of course their input is
appreciated by all and we have them to mostly thank for the
list's success, since rank is weighted a bit more by traffic.
But that leaves a few hundred members that have NEVER
posted!  So come on guys, some of you that have never or
rarely post have got to have some questions! ;-)

I would like to EMPHASIZE: No question is "dumb".  Don't EVER
be embarrassed at having to ask something!  Don't forget, that
ALL of us had to start at the proverbial square one when it
comes to computing and the internet, even our list gurus!
There was a time when I didn't know the difference between a
hard drive (HDD) and a floppy drive (FDD), and didn't know that
a CPU needed a heatsink!  Everyone was in that position once,
and some of you I'm sure are at that point where you may not
know.  I learned by asking (and reading, and doing).  This is
an information and LEARNING email list, it's NOT just for "the
more knowledgeable" types.

The list also is not just for interrogative posts.  If you come
across any interesting or helpful information, tips, etc.,
regarding anything about PC's, software, security, the
internet, and related, post those too!  Share the info if you
think it will benefit some others!

Thanks again guys, and post away! ;-)
-Clint

God Bless,