Re: [PCWorks] Burning CDs

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 12:00:23 -0600

Correct, it "should not" damage it.  It should just say the
typical "insufficient disk space".  You just need to wait for
more input from Nero users, and from the person you got the CD.

>I wonder how CDs got to be so popular
>when they are so delicate, fussy,
>fragile, problematic, and ornery.

Because CD's were a totally new form of media at the time,
nothing else like them.  They have NEVER been the way they
should be.  A technology that never was ready for release due
to the problems, yet it was released.  To this day the same
type of issues plague them.  Partially to blame is flaky buggy
burning software that's always released years too early!  Then
you have the crappy non-existent quality control of the disks.
Then also you have the idiot manufacturer's of the drives that
shove them out the door as fast as they possibly can, also
without any quality control, and with buggy firmware--and with
every new model release is a worse POS than the previous models
thanks to Ch*ina.  Each new model is made worse, with more
problems, using cheaper garbage components from Ch*ina.
They'll never learn.  All they care about is money and how many
unsuspecting victims buy them.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner