-=PCTechTalk=- Re: problem

  • From: "sylviavandewall" <pvdwall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:18:31 +0100

Thanks for your help in this Irene. I never heard of Sygate. I have on =
my computer Norton Firewall but did not install it jet. It is very =
complicated. I have a friend who does not know how to handle her =
firewall and many times I get the mail back I send her and she does not =
know how to change that.
Sylvia

Hi Sylvia

I also have WinME, but you cannot disable the=3D20
Messenger Service. You can, however, disable
it through a firewall, namely, Sygate. (don't know
about others).

This certainly sounds like the Windows Messenger
Service to me.

Irene Uys

Spybot. =3D3D
|| Run Panda and House Call online. Used my own Norton virus scan and =
=3D
they =3D3D
|| all came up with nothing.
|| On my Windows Me I don't have Administrative Tools from Microsoft =3D
called =3D3D
|| Messenger Service.
|| The pop-up I get are 2 different ones. The one I just got a few =3D
minutes =3D3D
|| ago said:
|| STOP you could be in danger.
|| Your computer keeps records of all your internet surfing and usage =
=3D
=3D3D
|| activity.
|| You CANNOT clean this history without the proper tools.
|| And than they want me to click on their ad which I did not do jet.
|| The other one has 3 Net in the toolbar, that's all and they give all =
=3D
=3D3D
|| sorts of advertisement.
|| I don't have a firewall because I've always find that difficult to =
=3D
use, =3D3D
|| I know it is not smart but I have a firewall on my computer =3D
downloaded =3D3D
|| but did not install it jet. I'm always afraid firewalls block =3D
everything =3D3D
|| also the things you want.
|| I tried disconnecting but than the pop-up don't show up. Only when =
=3D
I'm =3D3D