-=PCTechTalk=- Re: problem

  • From: "sylviavandewall" <pvdwall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:26:05 +0100

I just came home and saw all the messages. Thanks for thinking with me =
on this. I sure want to get rid of it, never had a thing like that on my =
computer. When the NET 3 thing comes up again I will look if it gives =
more information.
The other strange thing that happens, I mentioned this a few mails ago, =
is that my icons all change in the most strange different icons. When I =
open that file with the different icon it still brings me to the right =
file, the only difference is that the icon has changed. Also I can't =
open my favourites again. That also happened after I got all the pop =
ups. Now when I re-start my computer the icons are back to normal again =
and also I can open my favourites again.
Strange things are happening, it looks likes there is a ghost on my =
machine. It does not do any real harm but I don't think it belongs on my =
computer.
Sylvia.=20

I wish I knew... but that's why I mentioned it looks like adware. Maybe =
something was installed that does similar to the XP counterpart. Only =
thing I can point to is something that's installed running in the =
background. And, adware is the only thing coming to mind.
3 Net was mentioned by Sylvia, but did a search and can't find anything =
relating. Still looking, but so far unsuccessful.

.::] Sir Troth [::..
AOL: SirTrothX
Please, no email at this address!