-=PCTechTalk=- Re: more immediate problem! laptop - blue screen - windows update

  • From: "Bran x86" <branx86@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:30:40 -0500

Do you have the XP CDROM?
If so , boot laptop up off XP CDROM as if you were going to install xp
again, then at the screen were it says "Welcome to Setup" screen appears,
press R to start the Recovery Console. Choose your windows that's broken put
in administrator password if any.
Then  at the prompt type CHKDSK /P once that has finished type FIXBOOT after
that type EXIT and you should be able to grab all of your data before the
drive dies again. Sounds like a harddrive about to crash.

--
--branx86@xxxxxxxxx
Solution Provider (I will find you a answer!)