-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 19:43:29 -0400

Hi Mary,
    These two things are unrelated, so let's take them one at a time.

    First up, the site that's not working right.  It sounds like one of the
site's functions is being blocked from working.  The most likely cause is an
overly excited firewall setting (which is a good thing since it's better to
be overly cautious than overly trusting these days).  If you're running a
firewall, tell me which one it is and we'll see if we can get it set right
for that site.  Also, please include a link to the repair kit you're using
so I can check that out as well.

    Secondly, Dr. Watson is a debugging program that's automatically
installed with many versions of Windows.  Its primary purpose is to handle &
report errors to you (and newer versions include the ability to report back
to Microsoft as well).  Of course, it kinda defeats the purpose when Dr.
Watson itself is crashing every time it rears its ugly head.  We'll deal
with the site issue first and then see if it helps clear up the bad Doctor's
problems, too.  If not, we'll deal with that situation later.

Peace,
GMan