-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:25:20 -0500

I used to have the same problem...frequently.  It seems that lightening was=
 coming through on my phone line and roaching my modems.  In almost all=
 cases, the modem would dial out the first time after boot, but wouldn't go=
 off hook after I was done.  Sometimes it would just lose it altogether and=
 leave me with no dial tone anywhere.  I had to start unplugging the phone=
 line any time i was away or before a storm.  A bad phone...or=
 modem...won't let you get a dial tone until you unplug the offending=
 device.