-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help

  • From: recklessmaverick <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 16:20:09 -0500

The first time you booted the computer you should have seen a prompt to
make a set of Recovery discs.  If you did, use them.  If you didn't,
check Toshiba support for how to access the recovery partition on the
hard drive.  If you did not get a recovery partition or if you deleted
it you will need to buy a recovery disc set from Toshiba or find/borrow
a c copy of Vista and use your key to install it.

Note:  Borrowing a copy is an iffy legal thing to do, though with a
legal license key nobody is likely to raise a fuss.  Also, using a
version of Vista not customized for your specific model of laptop will
mean you may not have all the drivers needed for various devices and you
will certainly not have the assorted software tools and utilities and
that Toshiba provides with each computer.

Don

On 12/11/2010 11:57 AM, David Weaver wrote:
> I have a valid Win Vista Home Premium Key for my son's laptop, but it is a
> Toshiba.  It's three years old out of warranty, and we had it worked on.  I
> need to reinstall Vista, but no recovery disc and no Vista DV D.  Anyone
> have a suggestion or that could help?
>

> Dave

in the Subject.