-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 21:19:36 -0400

Mary,
    When replying, please leave in the previous person's post (as I have
done below) so that we all know what we're talking about.  Maybe I'm just
showing my age, but it's far too easy to lose our place when so many
different conversations are going on at the same time.          :O)

    You are running the same ZA as me, so I'm pretty sure I understand
what's happening.  I went to the site in question and allowed the entire
page to load (not usually necessary, but I'm looking to eliminate possible
problems).  When I clicked that button, I watched the Status Bar at the
bottom of my browser to see what was happening.  If you don't see a Status
Bar, go to View and then click on Status Bar to make it appear.  After
showing 4 different URLs, it eventually offered me a file to download.  This
file must be installed on the system in order for the online check to work
(most likely because the online check does nothing more than run the file
you just downloaded and then presents the results in the browser).  In any
case, I don't have a need for this service, so I stopped there (cancelling
the download offer).

    The only reason I can see for you not being offered the download is
because your default settings are different than mine.  I find that peculiar
since mine are set to more cautious than the ZA installation defaults.  Can
you recall ever increasing the security of ZA (under either the Firewall or
Privacy tabs)?

Peace,
GMan