-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Monitor size, resolution and visibilty

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:36:59 -0400

Unfortunately, our electronics department does not have live displays of
monitors.   And the local Office Depot uses one computer to feed all the
monitors on display.

But you may have answered my question...If I understood correctly.

On a 17" 4:3 monitor lets say a desktop icon might measure 100cm x 150cm and
a line of text might show 50 characters across the screen.

Keeping everything the same except switch to a 19" 4:3 monitor the icons
might "grow" to 110cm x 165cm and the line of text might grow to 60
characters.  Make the 19" widescreen and the text might extend to 65 or 70
characters and the icons would remain 100 x 150

Changing from 17" square to 17" widescreen would not affect any sizes but
would display more horizontally and a little less vertically.

increased resolution to improve display quality without sacrificing
visibility.

How'd I do?  :-))

Don