-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Monitor size, resolution and visibilty

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 05:25:46 -0400

Sandy,
    Do you have ClearType enabled?  Text on LCD screens appear much clearer
when it's on.
To use ClearType for screen fonts:

Open Display in Control Panel.

On the Appearance tab, click Effects.

In the Effects dialog box, select the Use the following method to smooth
edges of screen fonts check box.

Click ClearType in the list.

Notes:

To open Display, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click
Display.

ClearType is ideal for portable computer and other flat screen monitors.
ClearType may appear slightly blurry on desktop computer monitors.

Whether you select Standard or ClearType from the list, you must have a
video card and monitor that support a color setting of at least 256 colors.
Best results are achieved with High color (24-bit) or Highest color (32-bit)
support. Click the Settings tab to set Color quality.

Peace,
Gman

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask."