[pasmembers] Re: For the Meeting of the Minds this Thursday Feb12 - send discussion topics

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 13:13:32 -0700

Eric,

What are the other BUSINESS topics for Thursday?

I sent the list. What you see is what we have.

Darlene: Apollo 13
Kevin: not ready with his topic
Alex: Flash Gordon
Howard: Status of Meet up
Mike: Treasurer's report

That's it, and that isn't even a half hour of stuff.

Darlene probably won't make it
Kevin isn't ready
Alex's can wait for another night

That leaves 2 minutes of Howard, and 2 minutes of Mike, if we wish to hear
about this.

That's my point. There isn't much to be discussed with the general members.

Terri

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hi-
>

> #1.  I don’t care if we do the regular business meeting first or not,
> though I’d probably prefer to have just one meeting night.  What I do care
> about is that the StarTours portion of the meeting be for StarTours members
> only.  I guess if others want to sit and observe quietly without
> participating that would be OK.
>

> #2.  It was my understanding that the reason we had two different meetings
> was that one was purely a business meeting, while the other was for
> information, videos, announcements and general discussion.  It seems like
> the MOM’s is getting more and more to be just another general meeting with
> a little business portion – perhaps we should save the presentations for
> the general meeting.  What are the other BUSINESS topics for Thursday?
>

> #3.  I can’t imagine any PAS topic at all taking three hours to resolve.
> If we can’t do this in half that, shame on us!  It would help if we agreed:
> No digressions, no bloviating, state your point and yield the floor, and
> one person speaks at a time.  Clarity is Brevity.
>

> Eric

Visit the P.A.S. Facebook