[pasmembers] Re: For the Meeting of the Minds this Thursday Feb12 - send discussion topics

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 13:15:30 -0700

The list i just sent out is what the General Members would be involved in.

The rest of the list is what the Star Tours group will be discussing.
Here's what i have so far, but i haven't made it all the way through my
email yet today.

*STAR TOURS AGENDA*

   -

   Eric: Stipend for Event Coordinator
   -

   Alex: Separate Star Tours Funded Sig
    -

      How to Pay for Sig (Charge hiring company?)
      -

      Amount of Pay

   -

   Kevin: Execution of ALL Star Parties for the benefit of the attendees
    -

      Attending scopes identify assigned objects at the start to ensure no
      doubling up of objects.
      -

      Those with higher powered scopes should be selecting more difficult
      objects to see (11 inch scope showing Orion nebula or a naked eye object?)
      -

      Arrival of EVERYONE by the assigned time (looks more professional)
      -

      When helpers accompany the star tours member, establish guidelines
      for behavior of the helpers (and match dress code)

   -

   Sam: Rotation List

   -

   Dress Code for all events (varies depending on event)

   -

   Borrowing PAS's Insurance (24 hour notice to Terri & Mike)

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Eric,
>
> What are the other BUSINESS topics for Thursday?
>
> I sent the list. What you see is what we have.
>
> Darlene: Apollo 13
> Kevin: not ready with his topic
> Alex: Flash Gordon
> Howard: Status of Meet up
> Mike: Treasurer's report
>
> That's it, and that isn't even a half hour of stuff.
>
> Darlene probably won't make it
> Kevin isn't ready
> Alex's can wait for another night
>
> That leaves 2 minutes of Howard, and 2 minutes of Mike, if we wish to hear
> about this.
>
> That's my point. There isn't much to be discussed with the general members.
>
> Terri
>
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>  Hi-
>>

>> #1.  I don’t care if we do the regular business meeting first or not,
>> though I’d probably prefer to have just one meeting night.  What I do care
>> about is that the StarTours portion of the meeting be for StarTours members
>> only.  I guess if others want to sit and observe quietly without
>> participating that would be OK.
>>

>> #2.  It was my understanding that the reason we had two different
>> meetings was that one was purely a business meeting, while the other was
>> for information, videos, announcements and general discussion.  It seems
>> like the MOM’s is getting more and more to be just another general meeting
>> with a little business portion – perhaps we should save the presentations
>> for the general meeting.  What are the other BUSINESS topics for Thursday?
>>

>> #3.  I can’t imagine any PAS topic at all taking three hours to resolve.
>> If we can’t do this in half that, shame on us!  It would help if we agreed:
>> No digressions, no bloviating, state your point and yield the floor, and
>> one person speaks at a time.  Clarity is Brevity.
>>

>> Eric

Visit the P.A.S. Facebook