Re: Metalink Fiasco

  • From: Rodd Holman <rodd.holman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:44:04 -0600

I agree desktop vs. enterprise issue. I was just making the point that I get very wary of call home functionality in any system.

Alex Fatkulin wrote:
I think we need to be careful in extrapolating consumer issues into
enterprise issues. I get the problem you had were with WPA (Windows
Product Activation) and OEM Win XP (which is bound to "computer" as
opposed to "proper" retail version).

No one is going to lock your SQL or Exchange (or what other enterprise
software you might be running) servers, I think this is what Niall has
been talking about.