Re: Metalink Fiasco

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:04:39 -0800

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Daniel Fink <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> he asked who took our online My Oracle Support training? When only 2 hands
> went up (in a room of 90), his response was to chastise us for not taking
> the training.

I spent some time on the training yesterday.

It is quite tedious.  'A' for effort, as it was well put together.

For an experienced ML user though, a 45 minute session with 5 minutes of
useful information is very difficult to sit through.

There are some other targeted sessions that may be more useful, such as
patch management.

I have learned the most though just when navigating through the tool.

For a newby, the training would be great.

For someone experienced with ML, it wasn't that helpful, at least
the couple sessions I watched.

 Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com