Re: Database refresh problem

  • From: nilesh kumar <nileshkum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:47:36 -0800

Hello Mark,

I am on solaris box. I restored the control file, datafiles not the software
ie binaries of 10g and logs also. I am trying to open the database in
command prompt before to that i have also recovered the database. but when I
issue the alter database open resetlogs it shows me every time as system
file(.dbf) needs recovery. Checked the alert log also same message.

I got to know the production database was 10.2.0.3 and test database was of
10.2.0.4. Do I need to login to 10.2.0.3 database home and then try
recovering and then do the upgrade to 10.2.0.4 afterwards ??

Thanks
Nilesh