Re: Metalink Fiasco

  • From: Thomas Roach <troach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: martinfbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:23:32 -0500

Looks like there is an updated blog post.

http://blogs.oracle.com/Support/2009/11/my_oracle_support_-_migration.html

I think there are more issues than they are leading us onto based on what I
see when I log in.

Also, I think the decision to put this in was at a very high level, but I am
only assuming. I wonder if they knew the trouble we were going to have with
it? Was there a rollback plan?

I would be happy if they let me log into the old metalink to just search and
download patches. If they could just give us access to that until they
worked out the bugs, it would be a positive move in my opinion.

Flash has a purpose. If you want to display multimedia content on the web or
have something with pizazz, then use Flash. Someone put form over function
on this one and the usability is really bad, if usable at all. Oracle
support should have stuck with what is lightweight and works (like Oracle's
own products and tools). Flash should have been the last choice for this
kind of website.

My 2 cents...

--
Thomas Roach