[optimal] Re: When to remove needle

  • From: Ray Gardner <raygardner99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:35:41 -0500

I agree with leaving it in especially high risk patients. History of previous
reactions or new patients I leave the needle in until done or five minutes.
Established patient who have had one before I feel safe removing it after two
minutes. In the case of the nurse removing the needle to soon, I would not
perform another test and have a frank discussion with the Docs or
administrative staff. It put you at great risk of being involved in a lawsuit
or forfeit you credentials. Just saying!

Sent from my iPhone