[optimal] Re: When to remove needle

  • From: Ray Gardner <raygardner99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 21:33:11 -0500

I've had may allergic reaction to the FA dye. I leave the line in until the
transit phase is over for those who have had previous angiograms without
incident. New patients or previous mild allergic, I leave the line in for five
minutes or the end of the test. I think it's common since. I do push 25mg IV
benadryl prior to infusion of dye for those with previous allergic reactions.
If they have ever had itching in the mouth throat I will not give them the dye
or history of severe reactions to it. I've had about three to four very severe
requiring a trip to the hospital. I was glad to have had IV access to push
benadryl and steroids. With this though I place a second IV catheter in then
remove the butterfly.

Sent from my iPhone