[optimal] Re: When to remove needle

  • From: sandor ferenczy <sandorferenczy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 10:37:12 -0400

I've always had the needle removed immediately following the completion of the
injection. most of the time after the transit, when the patient sits back to
breath, I tell them the needle it all gone and their response is "really? that
was easy."

honestly, digital photography and the image popping up on the screen has caused
me more lost transits than removal of the needle (sadly, even with the screen
turned away from the patient, their eyes still dart screen-ward after every
flash)

-sandor