[optacon-l] Re: another quirky thing to do with the optacon

  • From: Linda Gehres <ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 10:35:50 -0700

When I was first using an Optacon in the 70's to read my bills, it took some
time and study for me
to determine exactly where to find "amount due" on each type of bill. They do
vary. Sure, it's
possible with a scanner to read the bills, and I'm sure many people do just
that. But, for a good many years, the
scanning technology wasn't such that you could look at the window of the return
envelope to determine
whether you'd put the detachable portion of the bill into it the right way so
that the address would show through the window
properly. Nowadays, scanners have improved to the point where this can be done,
to my delight. But, it
wasn't so several Curzweil versions ago.
Linda G.