[opendtv] Re: News: Those licenses will soon be worthless...

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:40:08 -0400

Some of the news servers can download 3-4-5 mbps on individual
demand to current broadband subscribers.  Given AVC encoding and
the inevitable decline in prices with bigger pipes and Internet
advertising supported high quality HD VOD soon becomes feasible,
even without multicasting.  (except for piratephobia)

- Tom