[opendtv] Re: News: Those licenses will soon be worthless...

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:49:51 -0400

But according to Bert, as soon as a hard cutoff date is announced LG will
open up this huge vault somewhere in South Korea and flood the U.S. market
with millions of STBs priced at under $50.

Until a hard cutoff date is announced, however, the vault stays locked and
the U.S. gets nothing, not at any price.

John