[opendtv] Re: News: Those licenses will soon be worthless...

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:40:12 -0400

John Shutt wrote:

> At Boeing do you post all of your internal discussions
> regarding ongoing projects on a public web site? Why
> would you think that the NAB or PBS would?

I actually did consider the possibility that work was
being done in the background. But then I figured it
sounded an awful lot like all the promises of miracle
chips right around the corner that you and others have
laughed at so long.

So no, John, you don't get that latitude.

Too bad you didn't develop those thoughts, though. That
would have been a *far* more interesting discussion than
what followed. Instead same old saw about the wonders of
COFDM.

> Why don't you ask Frank Eory which modulation method
> he prefers?

Because, for the nth time, that's completely irrelevant
at this point. I mentioned Frank in reponse to Bob
Miller's comment. Here's what Frank said that was
*relevant* to what we were discussing: