[opendtv] Re: High-Tech CEOs Push Digital TV Deadline

  • From: "nat ostroff" <nostroff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:08:04 -0400

Interesting idea.

However, Broadcasters should not be so fast to accept that analog TV will or
should be shut off any time soon. Here is another proposal.

If Broadcasters would agree to run a PSA effort that exposed the effort in
DC as an attempt to take away free TV from people and suggested that they
write their Congressmen to tell them that they want to keep free analog TV I
suspect the overwhelming response would chill the efforts to turn of analog
transmitters any time soon. My question is why is this not an option and why
has NAB been so silent in the publ;ic sector?

Nat Ostroff