[opendtv] Re: News: Those licenses will soon be worthless...

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:19:12 -0400

A sort-of walled garden might be my news group provider.  I
currently don't pay by the month but instead pay $40 for every 100
GB downloaded, over whatever period of time.

You could imagine an ISP with that model being willing to host
lots of the type of content discussed below, with the users just
on a bit meter much as you'd pay for electricity or water.

- Tom