[opendtv] Re: New Chips Improve Color TV Dramatically

  • From: Doug McDonald <dtvmcdonald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:03:55 -0700 (PDT)

--- John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not sure what you mean here?  Colour bars on CRT
> rear-projection sets should
> show no output of red on the green and blue CRTs,
> etc etc.

Well, yes, if you block the red  CRT you should see
no green of blue.

AH! but, as Jeroen so ellipically put, with primaries
that are "purer" than the official HDTV standard,
they (the bars) perhaps actually should. Since
the green on my set is greener than the standard, and
more saturated, a substantial amount of red and
a bit of blue should be added to make it the
official color. This is not done. (My set is not CRT,
but the same logic applies.)

Doug McDonald

=====
Doug McDonald
my last name at scs dot uiuc dot edu, not here at Yahoo, please