[opendtv] Re: New Chips Improve Color TV Dramatically

  • From: "Alan Roberts" <roberts.mugswell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:59:39 +0100

I'll endorse all that Jeroen says, the colour science is correct. But I'll
add one more thing:-

The transfer function (gamma curve) is vastly more important in colour
rendering than is the choice of primaries. I've worked in this field on
problems such as this for about 25 years now, and I never cease to be amazed
at just how powerful the transfer curve is. Arguing about the primaries in
non-linear systems is a real waste of breath, gamma is fully in control.