[opendtv] Re: BBC Demonstrates HDTV Broadcasts over SD Channels

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:40:16 -0400

July 23, 1996 - WRAL-HD began operations. (It was broadcasting just
random bits because there was not an encoder available...the first REAL
DTV broadcast [meaningful bits in the form of pictures and sound] came a
few days later at WHD)
http://www.wral.com/station/623644/detail.html

John Willkie wrote:

>Good point, and I stand corrected on the year.  WRAL-DT signed on the air in
>late 1994 -- October as I recall.  They didn't get their encoders, IIRC,
>until January 1995, and I recall them being installed until early February,
>1995.
>
>John Willkie

Regards,
Mark A. Aitken Director, Advanced Technology

***********************************
Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
Text PAGE: page.maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
www.newscentral.tv
www.sbgi.net
===================================

"America will never be destroyed
from the outside. If we falter
and lose our freedoms, it will be
because we destroyed ourselves."

~ ~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~ ~
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this
email message is addressed.  If you have received this email message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and
destroy the original message without making a copy.  Thank you.