[oldgaspassers] Re: first test message..

  • From: Swumpgas <swumpgas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oldgaspassers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:03:12 -0700 (PDT)

here's the  moderator  stats as set up now..

Jim Flags Set On User
ADMIN   User is an administrator.
CCERRORS        User wishes to have bounces cc'd to them. Only has meaning for
admins.
ECHOPOST        User receives copies of their own posts.
MODERATOR       User is a moderator.
PROTECTED       User will never be unsubscribed by bouncer.

Dave
Flags Set On User
ADMIN   User is an administrator.
ECHOPOST        User receives copies of their own posts.
MODERATOR       User is a moderator.
PREAPPROVE      User's posts are automatically approved when user posts to a
moderated list.
PROTECTED       User will never be unsubscribed by bouncer.
dgswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx

Traffic: 20k

Caretta
Flags Set On User
ADMIN   User is an administrator.
CCERRORS        User wishes to have bounces cc'd to them. Only has meaning for
admins.
ECHOPOST        User receives copies of their own posts.
MODERATOR       User is a moderator.
PROTECTED       User will never be unsubscribed by bouncer.

Juan

ADMIN    User is an administrator.
CCERRORS        User wishes to have bounces cc'd to them. Only has meaning for
admins.
ECHOPOST        User receives copies of their own posts.
MODERATOR       User is a moderator.
PROTECTED       User will never be unsubscribed by bouncer.
a_sleeper2@xxxxxxxxx

Traffic: 1k

Tom
Flags Set On User
ADMIN   User is an administrator.
CCERRORS        User wishes to have bounces cc'd to them. Only has meaning for
admins.
ECHOPOST        User receives copies of their own posts.
MODERATOR       User is a moderator.
REPORTS         User wishes to have reports sent to them. Only has meaning for
admins.

sleep well
Reall, all anyone ha to do is add new users IF their AANA # /SS# chaeck OK
with AANA.com

lets play around with this for a while and you all go to the help files there
and look
around at your options, "how to stuff"

//www.freelists.org/help/index.html

it's not really as bad as it looks after a short learning curve..  I have not
found any
negative comments about frellists.org on the web, except the night the
lightening hit
their servers and wiped them out for 2 days, and the time the T1 Line was
flooded in the
sewer line in indianpolis..

Shre would make thing easier though is yahoo would just restartthe ads free
option again,
like Egroups did
Cheapest Majordomo server I found was $10, and as I said before, a bug in Major
domo
allows email harvesters to suck up all the email adresses.

I'm still looking at listserv. Of course Jim knows some Linux as does caretta,
they could
put up a linux box in Jims living room and run it from Alaska..

have fun.

To unsubscribe, go to
<//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=oldgaspassers>