[oldgaspassers] Re: first test message..

  • From: "David Swanson" <dgswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oldgaspassers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:05:17 -0500

Well, I confess I like playing in cyberland and spend way too much time on this
little box...but, hey, I'm a "condo commando" and have little else to wile away
the hours until I return to work....but the freelists process is a major
pain...my vote is to stay where we are until I win the lottery when I'll fund
jim's idea (our own server).

Dave.

  Well, now that I can see the light of day w/o the apprearance of a
  hangover I apologize for calling Jim a rambler. However, I don't think
  pontificate is strong enough a word to describe some of his posts. :)

  Talk about visual language........I too would rather do anything than
  put up with MSN...but I don't think I would go so far as to lick dog
  hair off the floor.

  Don't kill yourself, Swump, looking for a new ads free list. It would
  be nice but so far what we have been messing with seems too self limiting
  for the masses. If in your spare time (ha!) you run across something
  we will give it another try.

  I agree with the Commander. Let's just stay where we are and put up with
  the bullshit for now. What say ye Juan and Dave?

  > On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 06:39, Swumpgas wrote:
  > > Well, I'll continue to work on finding something.. and hope yahoo wil
  hear my plea to
  > > allow a no ads option.  there used to be a bug in this server software
  that allowed
  > > people to change people's passwords, but it seems to have been picked
  up and fixed  Phoenix...
  > > thanks Jim..)  sometimes I have to use MSIE for certain plugins, but
  that's rare.
  <edit>

  Jim Mellema replied
  > Swump, although I find your quest noble, I'm not sure its terribly
  > worthwhile. There are few if any free things that are worth the cost. If
  > we really want an add free system the best way is for us to get our own
  > server, button it up tight, use listserv, and find the bandwidth and a
  > sysadmin to make it go. Don't think thats going to happen anytime soon.
  >
  > If people want ads to go away they need to use firebird, or get away
  > from MS crap. Ain't going to happen. Hell, most of our members can't
  > figure out how to unsubscribe, not send attachments, or snip unwanted
  > bullshit from their posts. Look at the number of AOL subscribers we
  > have, a good share of them won't even get some of the mail from
  > freelists,cause AOL will block it. If we go to MSN I won't be able to
  > get mail either at home or at work cause there is no way I will have a
  > hotmail or .net account. I'd rather lick dog hair off the floor.
  >
  > My personal feeling is to stay where we are and put up with the crap
  > from Yahoo. I like freelists personally but the archive thing is a show
  <edit>

  To unsubscribe, go to
  <//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=oldgaspassers>