[oldgaspassers] Re: first test message..

  • From: Swumpgas <swumpgas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oldgaspassers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:39:04 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I'll continue to work on finding something.. and hope yahoo wil hear my
plea to
allow a no ads option.  there used to be a bug in this server software that
allowed
people to change people's passwords, but it seems to have been picked up and
fixed now.

I have see Microsoft's equivilent of yahoo groups in action and am not
impressed.. and
again, no no ads feature, minimal archive space and Microsoft is a pain in the
butt,
requiring a hotmail email address to subscribe.

Like I said, there are bugs in Major domo/ Major cool making it easy to hack.
The
alternative is listserve, and it has some security problems too.

I don't see the ads as they are all blocked by firebird (the next step up from
Phoenix...
thanks Jim..)  sometimes I have to use MSIE for certain plugins, but that's
rare.

I think Sun won the battle over Java/javascript and MS explorer has some
problems with
java, unless you downl load the update from Sun.

Jim is probably more knowlegable about Unix/Linux shell stuff, but I'm still
looking for
alternatives with no ads..

topica is garbage... all ads..

still on my quest.
To dream the imposible dream.................