[obol] Re: Field Guide Recommendations

  • From: Bill and Nicki <billandnicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 802redwood@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 17:01:14 -0700

For what it is worth, I really enjoy my app called iBird Plus. I believe there
is a "-Pro" version and maybe another tier with more features.
Also, Larkwire has neat apps for bird sounds; not so much a field guide but a
good learning tool for bird songs/sounds.
Bill
Beavercreek, OR

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 21, 2015, at 4:17 PM, Michael Medina <802redwood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I guess I should have mentioned that
I haven't actually needed a field guide in years, but it's more of a
reference piece.

You really do need all of the books is what I decided years ago, I just
forgot. I'll update what seems worth upgrading and buy a few apps.

Many of you suggested the Sibley phone app which is probably more useful in
the field than a book that I won't carry.

Michael Medina
Portland, OR