[obol] Flying alcids

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 17:14:16 -0700

I have been thinking about the putative Cravericious alcids that I saw as
flybys off Bandon earlier this month. Given the recent surprise of several
Parakeet seen on a pelagic trip off Norcal and Phil's speculative note about
birds off Boiler Bay, I note the common feature of bright white underparts and
gray underwings. I saw Parakeet in Alaska a few years back but I don't know how
unobvious the bill can get. Thoughts welcome.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone