[obol] Re: Field Guide Recommendations

  • From: Bill and Nicki <billandnicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: d_villa@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 18:20:31 -0700

Thanks Dawn. I'll check that out for my iPad tablet. My darn phone is about out
of room with iBird, Larkwire, Birdjam, Birdjam HeadsUp Warbler, Birdjam HeadsUp
Sparrows, Peterson's Field Guide, ....
The iBird and Birdjam programs are great. I recommend them and I'm not an
investor or anything.
Good birding to you; I always like your input to OBOL.
Bill Evans
Beavercreek, OR

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 21, 2015, at 5:33 PM, dawn v <d_villa@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

And Audubon is now offering their app free. I downloaded it yesterday but
haven't used it yet.

dawn v
dawn v
--
Sent from my Android phone

Bill and Nicki <billandnicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For what it is worth, I really enjoy my app called iBird Plus. I believe
there is a "-Pro" version and maybe another tier with more features.
Also, Larkwire has neat apps for bird sounds; not so much a field guide but
a good learning tool for bird songs/sounds.
Bill
Beavercreek, OR

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 21, 2015, at 4:17 PM, Michael Medina <802redwood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I guess I should have mentioned
that I haven't actually needed a field guide in years, but it's more of a
reference piece.

You really do need all of the books is what I decided years ago, I just
forgot. I'll update what seems worth upgrading and buy a few apps.

Many of you suggested the Sibley phone app which is probably more useful
in the field than a book that I won't carry.

Michael Medina
Portland, OR

OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol Manage your account or
obol-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx