[obol] Field Guide Recommendations

  • From: Michael Medina <802redwood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 18:05:31 +0000

Hopefully this doesn't spark a too heated debate.

I was looking to replace my first edition Sibley with a newer one (I'm
aware of the color corrections they did on the later printings). However
someone recently made a disparaging comment about Sibley which got me
wondering if it's worth replacing the first edition.

I've got an old library of Petersons from the 80s, NatGeo from the late
90s, Stokes from the late 90s, and maybe one other.

Is there newer versions of these that are better? Something new that I
should have?

Thanks
Michael Medina
Portland, OR