[obol] unidentified parokeet ? in Corvallis

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 10:48:44 -0700

There was just a bird calling constantly for ten minutes at the dead end
(3800) of Van Buren in Corvallis. It sounded a lot like a Swainson's Thrush,
but much too loud. I finally saw it when it flew-mourning dove sized but with a
longer tail and Merlin-like flight. It circled the tall trees along the
powerline and I saw prominent white carpal bars. I last saw it circling a tall
tree along Harrison, also at 3800. Lars 10:40 am 10/21