[ncolug] Re: Wireless router - your suggestion

  • From: Chuck <cstickelman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 16:30:32 -0400

Give up on looking for a switch, and instead try to find a multi-port
mid-span injector.  I bought one on e-bay for $60 earlier this year.  My
tests show that 23/24 ports are providing poser, and that the unit is
manageable, so it seems like a good deal.  The only bummer is that I
will need to get a bunch of 2-inch long patch cables to go from my
switch to the injector! :) (Not really.  I am joking.  Poking fun at a
change-resistant IT company that had dozens of such patch cables...)

Subject field.