[ncolug] Re: Wireless router - your suggestion

  • From: Chuck <cstickelman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 01:35:17 -0400

Interesting.  I don't think I've ever seen one, or if I did, I don't
remember it.  A powered patch panel would have the same number of
components as a POE-enabled switch, fewer than using a mid-span
injector.  Are they modularized with each port having it's own power
circuitry?  If not, then I'd be concerned that a defective port could
have you rewiring the entire panel, which is not something that should
be done very often.  In that case I'd want to stay with a dumb, keystone
patch panel.  Just my $0.02.

Subject field.