[ncolug] Re: Wireless router - your suggestion

  • From: tech4u <techconsultant4u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 13:12:36 -0400

Ortronics is a good maker of them. Look for the passive POE patch panel. Not cheap but if you have to power many devices and don't have the standalone injector space along with the power source to plug them all in then that is the way to go with out replacing switches.

Cory
On 5/29/13 1:35 AM, Chuck wrote:
Interesting.  I don't think I've ever seen one, or if I did, I don't
remember it.  A powered patch panel would have the same number of
components as a POE-enabled switch, fewer than using a mid-span
injector.  Are they modularized with each port having it's own power
circuitry?  If not, then I'd be concerned that a defective port could
have you rewiring the entire panel, which is not something that should
be done very often.  In that case I'd want to stay with a dumb, keystone
patch panel.  Just my $0.02.

On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 23:36 -0400, tech4u wrote:
A powered patch panel is for the POE devices that you can terminate
your drop cables on and then patch to an ordinary data switch.

Cory

On 5/28/13 6:40 PM, Kory Pounds wrote:

I am not familiar with a powered patch panel, although maybe it
would come back to mind if it was explained to me?

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM, tech4u <techconsultant4u@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
         Why not try a powered patch panel.
Cory On 5/28/13 5:15 PM, Chuck wrote: > It's an Enterasys model BL-69524ENT. I knew next-to

--
www.oncedead.com

It is not what you do that determines who you are, it is who you are
that determines what you do.

Subject field.

Subject field.