[modeleng] Re: crb

  • From: "Terry Lane" <tel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:59:12 +1000

I'm still in the dark here, in that I can not see what real protection (for
either party) the CRB report can offer, other than identifying someone who
has been caught before.

Has, for example, a person whose name has not appeared on the list? got some
measure of protection against a false accusation?

> Thanks Tim.  As you have visited my office, opposite IDSME, you can vouch
> for the fact that I at least appear to be a solicitor, and the Law Society
> can satisfy any doubting Thomas's.
>
> The purpose of the CRB check is to protect your organisation as much as to
> protect children.  It is not compulsory, as far as I am aware, for a Santa
> Special so no concern there.  Also if there is no physical contact between
> FC and the children AND children are not left alone with FC at any time
then
> I think you are ok.
>
> As for scouts the real issue is that any adult, leader, helper, or parent
> can potentially end up on their own with a child.  Therein lies the
danger.

> See http://www.crb.gov.uk/
>
> Peter

It