[modeleng] Re: crb

  • From: "Terry Lane" <tel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:25:23 +1000

and doesn't this make you feel secure -

All civil servants and Capita staff must be cleared to Government security
standards. The Home Office Departmental Security Unit undertakes these
checks. In addition, all civil servant CRB staff who are responsible for
seeing and handling the sensitive Disclosure information are checked to the
same level as Enhanced Disclosure. Only civil servants have access to the
sensitive information held by the police and other data sources reported on
the Disclosure.

The CRB carries out checks on the employees of the data processing companies
contracted to it. Some staff have been vetted by the Government security
services. Others are vetted by their employer. In any event, the contractors
are under a legal obligation to ensure their staff respect the confidential
nature of the information released to them by an applicant.

you are here:  home  /  Common Questions