[modeleng] Re: crb

  • From: "Peter J. Cathcart" <peter.cathcart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:09:42 +0100

Richard/Tim

As well as model engineering I am Group Scout Leader, 1st Hedgerley Scouts.
I know all about CRB checks.  To me they are liberating if taken the right
way.  We do not allow anyone near any of our events, including parents at
camps, unless they are checked.  Cuts out some people who object in
principle but then leaves us totally relaxed and not concerned when a child
needs a degree of comfort from an adult.  A pain maybe, but also a
liberator.

As for Santa events all adults allowed direct physical contact with children
should be CRB checked.

Sadly these days we need to be cautious but caution can be worthwhile.  The
safety of our children is paramount.

Peter