[modeleng] Re: crb

  • From: "Bob Logan" <boblogan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:55:00 +1300

Similar situation here, in New Zealand. As I am with the Salvation Army, and
a licenced Bus Driver, when the children were going to a Holiday Camp,
during School Hols, before the kids got on bus, I had to sign a paper,
stating that I could be investigated by authorities, to find out if I am a
"Safe Person," amongst children.     AND, each year, when I re-new my
licence, the Police do a check. And although the police are supposed to
check each and every one applying for a "P" endorsement, for Taxi or
Bus/School Bus licence, a few bad ones have slipped through. One ex Taxi
Driver, case before the courts,now, and he is an Iranian national, as a
refugee.
Bob.