[modeleng] Re: crb

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:38:33 +0100

Long ago I used to be  a scout leader. Also, and again long ago, I used to
be involved with other youth organisations.
I certainly would not consider doing so today.

In my opinion, whilst these problems have been around since time immemorial,
we now have Government closing the stable door after the horse has bolted,
coupled with mass hysteria from the media.
The result is more legislation, which I am sure will not stop the problem..

As for model engineering, with this, plus the litigatious nature of today, I
for one will not consider any form of public running.
I am sure that I am not alone in this attitude.

Hence, it is the children, and to perhaps a lesser degree, the public, that
will suffer through not being able to experience the range of activities
that we used to.

alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.